Tuesday 8 April 2014

Development and Changes of My Story Board to actual Media Product (Evaluation Extra)


From looking back at my story board my narrative has changed a lot. This is from all the development and ideas that I constantly kept gathering from feedback and just inspiration from existing media texts. At first my story board I was going to have my narrative linear continuity so it was all represented in one day.  But then I began to think it would be better if I changed it and made it fragmented The from researching and developing my ideas further I began to think of changing it by mixing up the sense of time, creating it to be fragmented,  This makes my media product postmodern. 

In my original idea I tried to link the lyrics with the image as much as I could. For example, when the lyrics say 'locked up, underground' I imagined my character to have a love locket round her neck and then she is underground. I designed this in my story board and I used it overall in my final Media product. Another example of this is when it say words like 'tarnished' I got them near a rundown area, because its linking the narrative with the imagery, making more of a connection. I did this a lot throughout my video on a lot of different areas as I believe it creates more of a bond and connection with the lyrics and imagery. 
I have kept a few aspects from my story board in my overall final product, although a lot of changes have been made. It’s because when first beginning I didn't know much about the development of music videos, but from over the 6 months of working on it and researching and developing, my knowledge has grown massively. And this is reflected in all of my work, especially my first draft and my final draft. 






Here I have taken screen shots from my animatic of my story board which I did use in my final media product.  There are many more but here is a few screenshots of ones that I did reflect in my media product. So from developing my story board it helped my creativity expand as I advanced more ideas, making my media product a successful media text. 





No comments:

Post a Comment